To cope with the Emergency of COVID-19 and ensure maximum delivery of health services across the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Health Department, Government of KP intends to launch a system of temporary medical staff engagement called the Locum Tenens system. Through the Locum Tenens System, the department of Health KP aims to establish a registered pool of medical staff with expertise in different Health care fields. For short term &/or urgent need-based assignments, the relevant registered medical staff will be engaged strictly for the duration of the need for the assignment. The engaged staff will be provided remuneration based on daily rates already approved by the Cabinet of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for a period for which the services will be rendered.
As per explanation of Locum Tenens model mentioned at para 1 above, the Health Department, KP urgently intend to acquire the services of the following categories of the medical staff at the defined daily rates against the mentioned required screening criteria:-
- Specialist – General Medicine
- A&E Physician
- ENT Specialist
- Intensive Care Specialist
- Infectious Disease Specialist
- General Cadre Doctors
- Nurse (RN)
- Nurse (SN)
- Paramedic Anesthesia
- Paramedic Radiology
- Paramedic Health
- Paramedic Pathology
- Paramedic Pharmacy
- Paramedic Pulmonology
- Paramedic Respiratory Therapist
- Specialized Technician – Anesthesia | Cardiology | Dialysis | Health | Pathology & ICU
Apply ONLINE through Locum Tenens System
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. It shall be noted that the above mentioned medical staff categories and remuneration rates may alter as the COVID-19 Emergency related situation evolves.
2. The locum tenens system will operate on a rolling basis (means no fixed deadline rather candidate may keep on applying), however early registration is encouraged, Registration/ Self-registration will be done through a locum specific online registration platform which can be accessed at www.locum.kp.gov.pk.
3. At the time of the registration, each applicant shall also mention his /her top three choices of districts where they are willing to serve, Candidates can also express their willingness to working across any district of KP.
4. Interviews of the registered candidates will be conducted through video conferencing &/or personal Interviews as and when required, the candidates are required to present relevant Original documents at the time of the interview. The date and time of interviews will be communicated to the registered candidates accordingly when & where needed.
5. The opportunity is open to all interested candidates without age limit or regional quota restrictions. Candidates who are currently abroad but are willing to serve the community in this critical time are welcome to apply.
6. The engagement of medical staff through the Locum Tenens model system will be purely on a temporary basis for a maximum of 15 days or less at one time. A separate engagement letter will be issued in case the need continues.
7. The Person engaged Through Locum Tenens Model shall have 08 hours of working a shift daily and shall be required to serve in evening/ night shifts as the case may be.
8. The engaged human resource will be bound to comply with the biometric attendance system &/or any other suitable mechanism for ensuring daily attendance if the department deems appropriate.
Director General Health Services,
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Warsak Road,
Old Fata Secretariat, Peshawar,