The University of Okara was established under the Government of the Punjab Act, 2016 (XIII of 2016) Currently, there are about 12000 students and more than 400 faculty/staff members. The University of Okara is one of the most progressive and dynamic institutions of higher learning. It is situated on 204 acres of land sandwiched between Multan Road and Canal Lower Bari Doo Aab at Renalakhurd, District Okara. In order to expand its teaching and research operations, the University is seeking highly qualified and exceptionally motivated professionals who could enrich and strengthen academic life at the campus.
Applications are invited from Pakistani Nationals for the following positions for appointment under Basic Scale (BS)/Tenure Track System (TTS).
- Professor (BPS-21)
Zoology | Education | Mathematics | Botany | English | Computer Science/IT | Management Sciences | Chemistry and Physics.
- Associate Professor (BPS-20)
English | Management Sciences | Chemistry | Botany | Physics and Computer Science/IT.
- Assistant Professor (BPS-19)
Law | English and Mass Communication.
Download Application Form Available at U.O Website
1. Ph.D. degree holders will not be considered for the post of Assistant Professor under the BS system.
2. The University of Okara and other Govt. in-service (regular/permanent) Ph. D teachers/employees may apply on BS (if the post is advertised for BS/TTS).
3. Foreign degree holders must provide an equivalence certificate issued by the HEC.
4. All rules in letter & spirit of TTS version 2.0 & BS are applicable.
5. Prescribed application forms can be downloaded from the University website www.uo.edu.pk.
6. Application, on the University’s prescribed form, with complete bio-data and attested relevant documents along with original bank draft/postal Order/Challan form/deposit slip of Rs. 500/- for the post of Professor, Rs. 400/- for the post of Associate Professor and Rs. 300/- for the Paid of Assistant Professor, payable to the Treasurer. The University of Okara should reach in the office of the Registrar on or before the closing date.
7. The candidates applying for the past of ProfessodAssociate Professor under BS/ITS should submit six copies of applications along with six complete sets of testimonials/research work/publications/photograph (1×1 )/certificate of any distinction etc., on the relevant prescribed form.
8. The candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professor under BS/ITS are required to submit one copy of the application on the relevant prescribed form along with attested copies of degrees/certificates/testimonials/photographs (1×1)/ certificate of any distinction etc.
9. Candidates already in service on TTS with any other University/Institution should attach a NOC clearly stating that if the candidate is selected, the University/Intuition will relieve him/her under the rules and if such a NOC is not attached with the application, such applications shall be rejected.
10. If the candidate who has applied on TTS and selected in any other University during the process of selection, he/she would be required to send immediately a NOC from the employer, failing which the application will be rejected ab-initio.
11. Candidates applying under both systems (BS/TTS) should submit a separate application for each category along with copies of complete documents together with required postal order/bank draft.
12. Candidates already in service should apply through proper channel by the due date and submit service certificates issued by their present and former employers, otherwise, their applications will not be entertained. Incomplete applications (in any case) or those received after the due date shall also not be entertained.
13. Relaxation in the upper age limit may be granted to suitable candidates as per rules.
14. The quota for disables persons. minorities and women will be observed as per rules.
15. The candidates should attach a separate list of attached documents with a signature.
16. The candidates should mention the date of Notification/Result and the time period of the degree in the relevant column of prescribed form.
17. In the case of Assistant Professor only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
18. The University reserves the right to increase/decrees the number of posts not to fill/withdraw any post. withhold the appointment against any advertised post without assigning any reason.
19. The applications (complete in all respect) should reach in the office of the Registrar, The University of Okara, 2- KM Multan Road, Renalakhurd by Pass, Okara, Pakistan.
20. Candidates are supposed to submit a hard copy of the application dossier to the Registrar office before the closing date. In case of any difficulty in submitting hard copy due to Corona Virus lockdown, the soft copy of the application may be submitted via email ID [email protected] and cc at [email protected].
21. The last date for submission of applications is Professors/Associate Professors 22-06-2020 and Assistant Professors is 05-6-2020 DURING OFFICE TIME.
ADDITIONAL. REGISTRAR (CENTRAL),
THE UNIVERSITY OF OKARA,
2- KM Main Multan Road, Renalakhurd By-pass, Okara.
Email: [email protected]